It’s the time of sparkling lights and festive delights. While the festive season brings a lot of joy in our lives, it also brings a lot of skin and hair care worries. Pre-Diwali days are usually spent shopping, cleaning and cooking, leaving very less time for yourself. But don’t let the festive stress take away your natural glow and beauty. Spend some time on yourself and pamper your skin and hair for an exceptional festive season! Our culture also plays an integral role in our skin and hair care routine. There’s a reason why our grandmothers looked so flawless and had such beautiful hair even at their age!
Let’s take inspiration from our Indian roots and Ayurveda to ensure a lasting sparkle and glow this season.
Skin Care Tips:
- Don’t forget to deep cleanse your face at the beginning and end of every day. Especially if you’re applying a lot of make-up during the festive season, this becomes more important.
- Infuse your skin with Vitamin E creams and natural oils to retain the moisture and protect your skin from all the pollution caused by firecrackers.
- Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water every day to ensure the glow that’s brighter than the diya on Diwali!
- Although you might be super tempted to indulge in all the festive treats, keep your consumption of oily and sugary foods in control as it can lead to breakouts and dull skin
- If you’ve been socializing a lot with little sleep, brighten your tired eyes with warm tea bags dipped in water. You can also use cotton wool with rose water.
- All around the country, Diwali celebrations include taking a bath at the break of dawn with ubtan. It is a paste made with sandalwood, fragrant flowers, essential oils, and gram flour. Along with beautifying the skin, this ritual also signifies washing away all the impurities and attracting wealth, prosperity, and wisdom. It also helps in cleansing away all your negativity and clearing your mind for positive futures.
- Go for a luxurious facial and treat your skin to the pampering it deserves!
Hair Care Tips:
- It’s natural to experiment with different hairstyles during Diwali since you want to look your best! However, hair becomes exposed to pollution, too and with all the styling, it needs some extra TLC. Use a post-bath serum for more shine, strength, and protection from all the styling.
- Instead of ironing, consider blow-drying as it uses lesser heat. Plus, ironing can lead to hair breakage.
- Opt for a hot oil massage after a long festive day so that you get good sleep and your hair bounces back to life the next day
- Nourish your hair with the right conditioner after every wash to make your hair strands stronger and healthier.
- Opt for a hair spa or a deep conditioning treatment to keep your hair safe throughout the festivities. It offers nourishment to your locks and creates a protective layer on your beautiful hair. Plus, it offers the strength to your roots to fight the dust, dirt, and pollution.
As Diwali is just a few days away, it’s the perfect time to work on your hair and skin for that undeniable glow and shine. Book your appointment at Salon Apple today for a facial, clean-up, spa, or hair treatment and be festive ready in no time! After all, we all deserve the best beauty and care. And as a special gift this Diwali, Salon Apple is offering a free ubtan to every customer so that your Abhyang Snan is perfect!
“Don’t forget to pamper yourself.”